Commuter Life welcomes all new and returning off-campus/commuter students.
There is a comprehensive range of services, support, and space for the thousands of off-campus/commuter students that attend Rutgers University every year. The goals of Commuter Life are to:
- Ensure that the needs of off-campus/commuter students are acknowledged and addressed.
- Facilitate the integration of off-campus/commuter students into student life and student activities.
- Sponsor various events for off-campus/commuter students throughout the academic year.
- Identify and encourage the academic achievement and leadership development of off-campus/commuter students.
We encourage students to get involved in the Off-Campus Students' Association (O.C.S.A.) The Off-Campus Students' Association is a volunteer student organization whose primary interest is to advocate and fulfill the needs and interests of commuters and off-campus students through:
- Involvement with governing boards throughout the University in order to assist in the implementation of policies that affect the off-campus population and the community at large.
- Collaboration with other student organizations and committees throughout the Rutgers community.
- Programming to promote student integration into the Rutgers community.
- Recruitment and retention of members to ensure the longevity and vitality of the O.C.S.A.
For more information contact , Assistant Director, Student Involvement.